View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 03:32 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstaid View Post
From what I understand, I am able to install the Titanium version of EQ and then use EQemu to play this as a single player game? I am interested in playing on a non-live server, but I thought it would be cool to mess around with the game in a single player mode for a little bit.
Its not really for the most part a single player game, but it can be. There are a group of server on a universal login server "kinda like" live is setup.
Or you can go the minilogin route and set it up for play at home.
See here and here is a repack that makes life with minilogin a bit easier.

Quote:
If that is the case, where does it store all of your characters and etc? On your machine in a folder?
everything is stored in mysql database .

Quote:
Am I able to use the GM commands if I play it just on my machine? Basically it would be like a single player version of EQ that I can just mess around on and be pretty much god.
yes if you choose too.

Quote:
I created an account through here and I saw how you have to update some files so it does not patch through Sony... but I think I might be missing something.
Read this for starters

Quote:
It would be amazing to be able to play this again without having to deal with Sony's crap. I am so glad I found this... I tried finding the answers to my questions so I apologize if this has been posted previously.

Thanks guys!!
amen!