Thread: ucs.exe issues
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 04:22 AM
galanodel
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
At a glance, these all look like database problems. From the top down: account table, mail, and spells. Like I said, just at a glance...

Which DB did you install, what is the date on the source, and which patches have you run?
I pulled the latest revision from git (On August 26th) and the patches I sourced into the database are in Source\utils\sql\git\required , from 2014_07_10_npc_spells.sql forward, as that's what I was reading in the thread I linked before.

When I get home I'll go ahead and backup/drop my database and attempt to build an "older" revision.

Though I do agree that since you guys are using git now, you should have a stable branch and a devel branch. This way you can merge bugfixes into the stable branch from bugfix branches until you're ready to roll development to a new stable version and merge it from there.

I've some experience with git and the branching system. Just have to make sure you upstream your bugfixes to both devel and stable

Edit/Sidenote: I'm not too familiar with windows stack traces or debug output. I'm curious where you gathered the information showing that it was the database tables causing these issues. I'm more than happy to learn and more than willing to help with diagnosing these issues. I have a basic knowedge and grasp of programming and debugging concepts and if I recall correctly, I've read through some of the EQEmu code before (a very, very long time ago) and it didn't seem too overly complicated from other stuff I've seen.