View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 08:23 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
I followed all the steps but as soon as I run the eq batch file after running a while it gives this error

[Error:eqsmu_server.pll MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic
database upgrading to continue...

I do not se a MySWL at all in the Files I downloaded ?
If you did not install reference this:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...er_Setup_Guide

Download MySQLThere are two methods to this. One is to manually download and install MySQL, the other uses XAMPP (link) to install. The bonus for the latter method is if you want to install the Peq Database Editor tool (and most people will want to), then you will most likely need to install XAMPP anyway!

§Method 1Download the Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer version of MySQL Community Server*here**and put it in the*C:\EQ\Installs*directory.The current version as of April 2, 2014 is 5.1.73. DO NOT download the essentials version (it does not have the required developer components). Download the one called mysql-5.1.73-win32.msi . When you click on the download page it asks you to register - you do not need to. At the bottom of the page is a link that says "No thanks, just start my download". Use that link.

§Method 2Download the latest*XAMPP. This guide was written using the "7.1.1 / PHP 7.1.1" version*xampp-win32-7.1.1-0-VC14-installer.exe. Simply install XAMPP using the defaults but ensure PHP and MySQL are included, and remove Perl from the list as you will install it yourself.

If you have xampp.. run it and start MySQL. I am not familiar with any new guides, so not sure what it refers you to.