View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Monstrosity
Fire Beetle

Default Eq Live, AA Imbalance and EMU's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinggo View Post
Just to help make the point that 250 or even 1000 AA is ridiculously low for ANY character in EQ1. Combat Agility and Combat Stability is a 100% must have for Warriors, I wouldnt even consider taking a warrior to VoA or even the 1-2 expansions before that with less then max in just those to AA lines ... at lvl 95 CA and CS are 683 AA's maxed out ... for just 2 of AA lines, 2 of like 30 minimum required lines for a tank in EQ1 today.
This is exactly why I wont play EQ1 Live. I played a monk, quit around PoP came back for a few months got to level 72, only have around 200 aa's or so. Impossible to compete with players this way, its so completely unbalanced. AA's ruined the game IMHO due to balancing issues. That was the good thinig about WoW's system everyone got the same amount of talent points.

I played Wow until recently and quit for various reasons. I thought I would enjoy reliving my old conquests in EQ on P99 but the low population makes groupiing difficult, and for a monk with crap gear soliing is very difficult and tedious. So I went to EZ server created a monk and am enjoying him quite a bit. I can solo, have decent gear, my Epic 1.5 and hopefully 2.0 and beyond soon enough. I have no desire to play on Live unless they want to hand me about 1k free AA's.