Thread: Vanguard Emu
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 06:15 PM
xinu
Sarnak

Greeting's since it's time for a update figured I would give you some stats this time instead
of commit logs. Our content team has been kicking butt so this one is for them and all the
hard work they have been doing.

Following adventuring quests have been scripted per chunk
(Only Adventuring has been touched and some quest rewards still need to be added)

Bordinars Cleft - 67
Caial Brael - 29
Cliffs of Ghelgad - 23
Dahknarg - 73
Grimsea Watch - 6
Halgarad - 5
Hathor Zhi - 13
Isle of Dawn - 37
Khal - 70
Leth Nurae - 70
Lomshir - 41
Martok - 30
Shang Village - 12
Tursh Village - 44

Total - 520

Spawn scripts which include hailing, Quest dialog, Quest drops etc etc

Bordinars Cleft - 152
Caial Brael - 285
Cliffs of Ghelgad - 70
Dahknarg - 178
Grimsea Watch - 8
Halgarad - 12
Hathor Zhi - 17
Isle of Dawn - 39
Khal - 379
Leth Nurae - 99
Lomshir - 182
Martok - 405
Ocean Watch - 10
ShangVillage - 13
Tanvu - 335
Three Rivers Village - 8
TurshVillage - 335

Total - 2527

Spell scripts we just started working on not that long ago but they are coming along nicely.

I would like to personally thank everyone on the team for dedicating their free time to help bring
Vanguard alive again. Thank you

There was a concern brought up on another forum about us having limited data when it comes to combat and spells. This was my response to that concern.

Quote:
Very concerned about combat and spells as you guys have EXTREMELY limited data.

Recreating VG combat, spells, and classes is entirely another.

Yes it is and I completely agree with you we probably never will get it exactly like live was and probably never will which i hate to admit but it is the truth. All we can go on is the data we have collected and the players input. The combat/class system is and will be the most difficult part of this project. There is so many little details that will have to be accounted for which we will try our best to replicate to the best of our abilities.

Our plan for a base line is to give NPC's access to the same spells PC's have (On top of any custom spells we create from log data) they will also have access to the same stats strength, intelligence, resists etc etc. We also are planning on adding the feature where if a mob is extremely resistance to one type of spell say fire and you hit it with a fire spell it could/will heal the mob instead. That is just one of the many vanguard features that we plan on implementing to bring the live feel back that people remember.

There is way to much on our road map to go over everything but I hope when everything is said and done it will be a game people will enjoy playing again.
Still alive and looking for more Developers

EverQuest 2 Emulator
Vanguard SoH Emulator