View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 01:53 AM
greenspectre
Fire Beetle

Project 1999- Most of us look into emu because of Nostalgia and p99 is king there. I knew I was reliving the dream when my bard was dodging drachnids on a corpse run from FV to LoIO and I could feel the heat on the back of my neck. Also, just sitting in a living, breathing, East Commons was an experience no other server can recreate.

VoG- Overall a solid dad server. This was the one where I finally learned how to box a group with MQ2, so it has a special place in my heart.

Imperium- I played several "Dad servers" but Imperium is king there. Being able to replay all content through OoW and beyond with a 2-man manual box setup was so fun, and super convenient to do when you have minimal free time thanks to the #zone command. I cannot understate how fun this server is. Every time I have an old EQ buddy wanting to get into emu I point them here first.

Classless (RIP)- Such an original concept and, at its peak, was implemented very well. FD'ing so your mage pet gets aggro, then standing up and quickly backstabbing before the mob turns around...that's the kinda wacky shit you could do on Classless and nowhere else. Also, nothing felt better than finally getting an important spell to drop (SoW especially). ALSO ALSO....Dual Wielding with Ghoulbane! I was so sad when this one shut down.

Sanctuary- The first truly full custom server I played. Very original design and I loved feeling out the new classes, but ultimately very timesinky, and being able to 2-box without paying would have helped keep me on.

Alternate EQ- This one was a really fun run through classic EQ with unique class/race combinations. Did a run with an Ogre Paladin and Troll SK. Several items received very unique attention, and it really made getting certain pieces feel worthwhile. Custom quest content interweaved with classic content seamlessly.

New Freeport- Having fun so far. GM is super responsive. The only server to convince me to roll a druid, like, ever.