View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Default Creating a classic server

But why? Are you talking about stability issues w/ the older code? Respectfully if older version worked in the past why not now. Lots of people are still using older operating systems (like win xp)to run older programs. Besides, as you already probably know the original EQ came out in 1999. Setting up a classic server with possibly only the original 2 or 3 first expansions would be awesome, w/ kunark + velious + luclin for this experiment I would need the old code?

I know for a fact some eqemu servers are using running on the older code without a problem. Anyway here is a link the old guide I found. It's easy to follow. It even includes a section on how to setup a LAN server. I have almost all the components (on page 14), all I need is the older eqemu version.

If anyone here would kindly send me a private message about where I could find the older version or if they know somebody that has it backed up somewhere, that would be really awesome and I would be willing to share my experience on this little experiment.
Link http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com...ETUP_GUIDE.pdf