View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoo View Post
Played until 11:00pm PST, had a blast. Having 18 people in discord chomping at the bit to get going created a fun buzz.

I played an Enchanter to level 10, was a pretty smooth leveling experience. My biggest gripe was the mana regen was so slow I had to med a bunch but that was on me, there is a buffer in the hub that I just forgot about who gives clarity. The fun of learning a new server.

Looking forward to playing this weekend. It is very different than the previous servers and I am curious to see how that plays out.

Things I wish I had known when I started:
First thing in the hub is talk to the guy standing in the cart next to where you zone in. Get the axe to chop trees and then right click on it while standing at a tree to damage the tree. Start with weak trees and work your way up (the damage increases over time). Don't just equip it and auto attack... This will get you cash for spells and gear and buffs.
Group while chopping trees (everyone gets each group members wood )
Get the 10pp buffs from the dragon who roams just inside the front gate.
(Caster) Gear vendors are to the left of the Tide Buff guy as you enter the gates in the first door on the right. Can get armor and upgraded weapons. The CTRL-F pathing for this was a little wonky (went down into the water and up under the room)
In Field of Bone, the scorpions drop a carapace that the quest woman next to the logging guy will pay ~220pp each. Good way to get money for gear and spell upgrades.

I am glad you're having fun. That NPC was bugged and was giving too much money. I hotfixed her this morning to give 1.5 to 3 plat per shell turned in. Down from 15 to 30 plat. That was too many zeroes when I was half-asleep at the keyboard.