Thread: AllaClone 2.0
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Here's another snippet:

I'd like to hear some thoughts as I will most likely need help getting a library of information for this tool as I would like to get images of all of the races in EverQuest so it can be provided in an NPC editor as well.

It wouldn't be very hard to get quick reference tools to look up Races and their numbers with a visual mosaic of NPC races and things like that will cut down development time in half if not more depending on the monotonous task.

For the NPC editor I want to be able to build definitions for NPC's so you can scale a group of selected NPC's in a zone by solo, group, raid and/or by level and intuitively change their fields with graphical references like you see in the item editor.

(I'm just spewing at the mouth at this point)

What I also wanted to build for the NPC editor was a way to flexibly build templates for NPC's. So if you wanted to build a scaling template for a zone, you could go in your NPC template and build scaling definitions based on a zone and it will scale based on the level of the NPC.

It has also gone through my mind to build templates for NPC's say if you wanted to make a Merchant NPC or a Raid NPC, you would save the fields that are commonly associated with that NPC such as special attacks that you have set before, appearances, size and things of that nature so that you do not have to spend time performing redundant tasks of the past.

----------------

As I am still working on the item editor, I will follow up with an actual live demo here shortly. My schedule is quite packed and yesterday is the first day in a few weeks that I have had to even look at it. It won't take very long to finish it up and Trevius and I can discuss getting it out to the SVN that we have built for the AllaClone and start developing onto it as we go along.

This is not to step on any other editor but provide an interface tailored towards custom development and cutting development tasks down by fractions of the typical time it takes to do anything.

I'm missing quite a few things but maybe this will at least fill everyone in on what we've been working towards.

If anyone has any questions or thoughts please fire away.

Thanks,
~Akkadius