Thread: New Server Idea
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 02:30 PM
gravystain
Fire Beetle

We seem to have the same vision. I've always thought that rule sets should be an overview of things you WONT get in trouble for as opposed to "Here are my rules, please follow them". I think its good that people know that they CAN camp loot for your alts, here are the risks, don't bother reporting anyone that snipes your loot when camp over and its gone. They CAN sell loot rights, don't bother reporting the person who looted it faster than your customer. I think sometimes people forget what Verants reason for the LORE item was. When you think about it, A LOT of the best items in the game are LORE and its not for the reasoning of not wanting people to wear multiple of the same item. LORE is applied to TONS of items that you cant wear multiple of anyways like BP's, legs, cloaks, helms etc. Verant did this so people wouldn't camp items over and over that they didn't need because they obviously already had one. Too me this was just a failed idea that didn't work for them. You can also see that they wanted the game to be played this way eventually by their end game items which are mostly all NO DROP. That's just my thoughts on the whole concept. But I also think its really important to make a variety of items that are not no drop to encourage a healthy economy. With crafted items, soft wicker, blacked alloy chain sets etc.