Thread: New Server Idea
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 04:09 PM
gravystain
Fire Beetle

I actually think a great number of items should be tradebable and I'll give you my reasons. Everquest has a lot of items that I would consider 'random' drops. For example, dervish cutthroat rings. Theres plenty of derv camps and any one of them can drop the rings. Why not add that item to the economy. Barbed Legs and armplates in befallen, they are a less than 1 % drop chance off of random shadow knights. If a person really wanted these items it wouldn't really be realistic to farm them. Things like tentacle whips, random chance from most any terror. Minotaur axes and horns. Theres a ton of stuff that could be put into the economy, most if not all is considered junk. I'd keep anything, no matter how terrible the item is, NODROP if it drops from a specific rare mob and is one of his 2-3 item drops. I could go zone by zone and make a proposed list and send you it if you agree.

As far as people perhaps camping some of these better items to sell....well maybe. I think plat would mostly end up being used in tradeskills and purchasing regents and gems on this server. What incentive does a person have to farm loads of plat so he can buy.....what with it? I envision most of the economy will be trade based on these type of items. Some may want plat.