View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 07:51 AM
shadeknight
Sarnak

Big ol salt from the guy above. Unfortunately, he had to make up stuff to try and trash the server.

The god armor isn't auggable on purpose. The etherforged stuff that is. You get the gear, as I recall from when I was last on, by earning enough points via killing. What drops are spells, spell-granting items (ether), and items to level up to 75.

Kurns crashing is known, and its a little hard to fix I imagine when its caused by mass pulling. There's also the known issue of lockups/LD people being screwed, but Shodai (afaik) can't do much about that.

Most progression mobs have been dropped to, what, an hour at max respawn rate. That's not arbitrarily long. 2hrs for some god-tier specific named, but there's very good reason behind that. There was a guy complaining about Xalgoz' spawn rate/drop rate, and Shodai looked into it - and fixed the drop rate of a specific item. Big thinks. Beyond like a handful of things, most are on an hour AT MOST timer. An hour is nothing compared to real EQ wait times.

The class stuff isn't overlooked, I wager. I've looked in the suggestions part of the Discord (more active than the forums) and shodai either addressed that he's fixing it or what's going on with it. For example, Stoned & Oog pointed out a healing issue. Shodai looked into it. Same with mitigation problems. If its brought up then he looks into it - but it's also likely that there's a lot for him to do between bug fixes, class tweaks, and preparing the next shard of content. It's not exactly easy doing this sort of work.

I, on the other hand, won't tell people to pass it up. Because while there -are- issues, they are not as horrible as this person above is making them to be. Shodai & Enine aren't as biased as this person makes it out to be - but bear in mind: The guy above may be someone who arrogantly proclaimed that the server was going "suffer" unless his suggestions were implemented.

Btw: there are multiple testers. Stoned, Oogmog, Enine (Dev, but still), Tupp, and Iserak are a few I know of. Some of them play multiple classes, and helped with the God stuff - and still do to this day.