Thread: Rise of Norrath
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Serafrym
Fire Beetle

The idea of the server's pretty well executed - I do enjoy the scaling of spells, dmg, pets, etc - That was really well done and interesting enough while leveling.

Wish I had known before investing as much time as I did that the server was 100% soloable. I've made it through the first few tiers of content and for the most part there's 0 challenge to it - Like all solo servers.

The idea of aa's being currency, and each tier dropping more currency, without bosses or npc's dropping items (especially no items on bosses - Wtf?! Why even have those npc's in then?) makes the server one long, obvious treadmill.

Now, I understand that most servers are just "treadmills" (all mmo's are to an extent) - It's at least veiled behind mechanics, random boss drops, currency systems, challenges, etc to keep you engaged. After a couple of tiers of this aa treadmill, I lost interest - Why grind just to grind, so that I can grind? There's no incentive to try bosses (not that they're hard or have mechanics). Essentially its the leveling up experience from any other server... Permanently (minus leveling up lol).

Anyways, I liked the execution (polish) and your base systems Kingly - Hopefully the idea takes off for you, but definitely wasn't my cup of tea.

I'll probably try it in a while once the hosting issue is resolved and perhaps more added to it!