View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Jerom3
Fire Beetle

Default Failure to launch

I am trying to create a server where I can just run around in semi-GM mode and look at mobs, be invulnerable, open locked doors, etc. It's a simple concept, and I'd hoped to just find an existing server that would allow me to do this, as I have in the past (they seem to be gone now). Every search I've done for such a server seems to contain the answer of "JUST MAKE YOUR OWN, IT'S SO EASY!!!1"

So I tried that using https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server as I have Windows 10. I cannot get it to work. I am relatively computer illiterate compared to most on this forum, but I was able to follow the first few steps. Here's where I'm confused:

Does this installer assume that I have a fresh install of EQ Titanium? Because I do, but it's in a separate folder. Worth noting: I have a fresh EQ titanium installed to C:\Program Files\EQ Titanium and the files from Akka's installer linked above in C:\EQEmu files. Something I'm confused about is if these both need to be in the same folder, or if they're unrelated. I assume they're unrelated because the above link says it contains everything you would need.

I'm particularly confused because in the installer when it says this: "[Install] When done, make sure your EverQuest client points to your loginserver's IP (In this case it would be 127.0.0.1) in the eqhosts.txt file" BUT there is no eqhosts.txt file that is in my Eqemu files from Akka's installer.

I also had a question about this part:
"Change your server name in eqemu_config.json, shortname/longname is currently set to:

Akka's Server Installer (Change Name)"

Is this image where the above line is referring to? And do I just pick a random name out of my ass, or does it not matter?

Here's what happens when I run the t_start_server.bat

And here's what I see after Akka's installer is done running: