View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
cuz the thought of manually adding each NPC makes me want to cry.

Now, this is something I was curious about... I wouldn't mind working on the database to expand it, especially the population, which is why I pushed the merge of cavedude and PEQ's database and tried to help Angelox as much as possible (And he did a great job!) but when I played EQ I just simply didn't go to alot of zones, I soloed in random places here and there and never really explored alot, So I don't know alot about what monsters are where and what they hit for etc etc so I was trying to find a way to process data and manually form the mobs from a list of data, rather than try to remember off the top of my head...

So, am I understanding this correctly, that the packet collectors that no longer work were doing exactly that? And if so, how hard would it be to fix them? I don't know much of anything about C++ beyond real basic stuff, but it may be worth trying to get some people together to fix it so those of us that do database work and not C++ work can load the collectors on live, get some info, then log out and process it as best we can... It'd be hard but at least I could do something other than wish I could remember anything beyond the PoV Fiend Cave where I aggro kited dozens of hours :-P

So, all that to say, Is this what the packet collectors did? And how realistic would it be to get them fixed?