View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 09:34 PM
merlock
Fire Beetle

Yes a forum would be awesome. But very cool I had not heard of PEQ expansions. If they have a workable plan I would love to help with that. But as a game designer (or budding one) myself I do want to run my own server and in the near future so not sure I could just wait for that project to complete. From not knowing anything about it, it sounds like amassing a gigantic set of SQL queries and not sure I would be the best to work on that. For me I am a professional designer and it is more about leading the design of a game/server.

But anyway Im flexible. Keep the ideas coming!

Fievel if you want to run a forum I can contribute to hosting costs if you need it (we could start free with ads or whatever) and even contribute to youtubers or podcasters to get the word out. My focus is Vanilla EQ Open Source development so open client, open database, open server code. Fully open not just an initial release like another to remain unnamed project . but I'm not competing, the more classic servers the merrier that is the point of open source.

PS: I read a little into peq expansions and one thing i am doing may help them; I am taking very extensive notes on all the db changes I am making so when they are trying to figure out what is in vanilla eq that may help them.