View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:19 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabyre View Post
Forgive me as I don't mean to sound durrogitory, but why would you want to prevent a player from getting experience from a mob of comparible level? Just doesn't sound logical to me.

If you wanted to prevent xp to a level 55 character then make all mobs in said zone level 30.

Right? Or am I missing something?

well the lev 55 players supose to fight lev 55 mobs in order to get lev 55 loot - risk vs reward so to speak

BUT i do not want them to advance beyond say lev 60 while do so.

I only want them to advance to next tier - say 60-70, only when they into zone than has atlest lev 60+ mobs.

In other words I do not want players to get easy XP by grinding mobs 7-10 levels under them.

Ok I prabobly found over complicated solution to the problem, I coudl alternativly make zone XP modifier to be very low (below 100%), but that will result in players getting poor XP even from chalanging mobs.

Another thign what devs could do is to give us a RULE than will determine min level formula at which mob stil gives XP (white>dark blue> light blue> green)
so I can set it in such way that mobs drop out of XP level very quickly.

For exmaple with default system lev 46 mobs are light blue at 65
I want to set it up in such way at lev 65 the lowest mob you can get XP from is say lev 60, and 59 will be green

ANother important part here that a Green mob automaticly should mean NO AGRO. So a lev 65 could walk freely among lev 59s