View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Shadowclan
Fire Beetle

Sounds like a hit piece that is far from the truth. When I read JarL05's post, I had to step away to gather my thoughts ... especially since I have been playing on AEQ before, during and after JarL05's existence on the server.

I chuckled when I read "... I alone tested nearly all of his end game content and relentlessly provided feedback ..." since that is very far from the truth. While others would make posts and submit concerns/issues, Jarl05 seemed like he wanted to be at the center of everyone's attention using this to say "look at me !!!" Please take things with a gain of salt such as the comment "... while being the sole group testing his newest zone ..." At that particular moment, yes they were the only group in there at that time, but doesn't mean they were the only ones who had been there trying things out. Half truths ...

As for the "unstable server and buggy ...", more non 100% truths.
  • Unstable Server - Whaaaat ... not sure what thats about, the server doesn't randomly crash. There are times a reboot occurs to address issues that would immediately improve the game
  • Buggy Pathing - Some of the best pathing implements I have encountered. I gave compliments to the staff for a named NPC that would run to rooms with other mobs for help (yes it hurt on my end, but I appreciate the intention of game). There were some issues early on that staff were notified of, and they addressed in a timely manner. As things are identified, they are quick to respond based on priority.
  • Buggy boss scripts - There have been some that did not function as initially intended but were corrected quickly. What bothers me about this statement is Eldarian and staff would say, hey, we want to try this script, could you X amount of folks help test this? During the Beta testing ... THAT WAS THE PURPOSE ... to try to work those bugs out lol ...
  • Buggy spawns - Baffled ... not sure what that is about ... I know it's been stated numerous times, effort begets reward ... so if it is a rare spawn, then the rewards reflect the effort.
  • Buggy AA/spells/skills - The developers have done an AMAZING job recapturing my late teen years playing EQ with their little twists on life. They are making every reasonable (and above and beyond) effort to improve things for players and the community. If there is a bump in the road, they have been looking into and communicating with the players so they know whats going on. Ohhh, i said the "C-Word" ... yes they communicate and keep the community well informed ... MUCH APPRECIATED !!!
  • As for raids of 13+ (more than 2 full groups), an issue the server is aware of and working together to accommodate at this time. Eldarian and staff have been keeping everyone fully in the loop of what is going on so we don't have any surprises. They spent an exhaustive amount of their lives over several days addressing the issue to figure out what the problem was. The entire time, they kept communicating with players so things were very transparent. To solve the mystery issue, players had to take an active role in helping troubleshoot by forming up and raiding targets so the issues could be narrowed. Kudos to Eldarian and staff for efforts.

As for the direct attacks on Eldarian, I find when someone points a finger, look where the other three fingers are pointing ... yes, many of you are pointing at the screen and looking at the other three fingers. Generally, the other three are pointing back at the person pointing. I will use Jarl05's line of "I won't get into specifics" but when a player such as Jarl05 has issues with the developers and a large number of community doing the same content, it might not be those he is pointing at ...

There has been 4 waves of 3 to 5 players who have come to AEQ and then faded from the online numbers. I was very happy to see two of these groups return shortly after the server officially was live. A few of the individuals from the other 2 missing waves have returned also because more content has been made available or they had missed the server.

I have enjoyed the AEQ server and would recommend to all ... minus JarL05. The developers/staff have been considerate, responsive, but open about the direction of the server and its content. There is a vision with an in depth story line on the server, and the staff works hard to ensure they are available.

Thank you for taking the time and consideration to read my post.
- Demodread