View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 04:05 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenxai View Post
Really? I suppose I naturally assumed it was an issue with animations in the steam download. I have absolutely flawless pathing on a month old unmodified source test server (UF+RoF1). There must have been changes to pathing/maps fairly recent.
Do you see the issue in all zones, or just in Tutorial? If it works fine in other clients on the current source, and the jumping issue occurs just on RoF2 and in all zones, then the problem probably is with RoF2.

The only thing I can think of that might cause that would be in the OP_NewZone packet that gives all of the zone settings to the client. I checked it and it looks OK even compared to Live, but maybe I missed something still. My guess would be the gravity setting for the zone, but it looks correct for me so far.

It could also be that they changed how spawns and objects are spawned so they use the exact location provided instead of staying on the ground. This could be due to house item placement or something.

Though, it is also possible that we are missing something in the spawn struct that tells the client where to adjust the Z level of the mob/object from. I haven't found anything like that yet though.