View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
501st
Sarnak

Been running around with a fresh toon, trying to compile a list of new VoA features. What I've figured out so far:

Note: These first couple features are also available with our Steam Underfoot client:
1. Extended Target Window: I went into detail on this a couple posts back. Does not work on EQEmu on either client yet. (Though Derision found out how to at least get it open!)
2. Pet window, in addition to the button revamp, also has a built in "Health of Pet's Target" feature. This does not require an AA to activate and is available by default. The Pet's Target health bar is displayed below the Pet's Health bar and above the control buttons. It is seen as just blank space unless the pet has a target. Does not work on EQEmu on either client yet.
3. Achievement System. Didn't look much into it but basically certain events (such as hitting certain levels, doing certain raids or quests/tasks, getting a skill/tradeskill to a certain level etc etc) provides you with an 'achievement'. I have yet to find out what, other than the achievement itself, this gets you. Does not work on EQEmu yet.

The rest of these are strictly for VoA clients:

1. There are now 12 buttons per hotbar as opposed to 10.
2. Hotbars are completely resizable and reshapable.
3. Can have up to 10 hotbars up at once.
4. Using the "Copy Layout" option now allows you to copy over hotbuttons, socials, and loadouts from other characters in addition to the UI layout.
5. Options window received an overhaul.
6. "Use Tell Windows" option. Tells from different players default to different windows. Can turn it on or off.
7. Bloom Lighting graphical effect added under Advanced Options.
8. Post Effects graphical effect added under Advanced Options.
9. Container window receives a revamp (Rather annoying looking one at that imo. There's custom UI changes out there though that restore things like the Done button)
10. Containers can go above 10 slots (I think the max atm is 25)
11. Container windows are fully resizable and reshapable.
12. Containers can be stored inside other containers. So long as they are the same size or smaller.
13. Player Housing system
14. Spell Cool Down displayed on spell gems. The same way clicky items have the white semi-transparent block over them that shrinks as the clicky cool down counts down, spell gems now get a red semi-transparent block that does the same thing. Showing exactly how long until cool down on a spell is up.
15. Two new slots in the base player inventory. For 10 total.
16. Merchant window now has a "Show Only Items I can use" option. Akin to LDoN/Alt Currency merchants. When activated only items usable by your class/race (or no specified class/race) will show up in merchant windows. Spells scrolls are also affected. If you already have a spell scribed (Not purchased and on your character, but actually scribed to your spell book), the scroll for that spell will be hidden with this option selected. This seems to work on EQEmu.
17. Merchant window now has an "Inspect" button. clicking it brings up the item inspect window for the item you had selected. The exact same effect as holding down the right mouse button but quicker I guess.
18. Merchant window now has a "Preview" button. Clicking it will bring up a window with a small model of your character exactly as he/she is but with whatever item you had selected equipped. Only for items that can go in visible inventory slots. The character model can be rotated and zoomed in on. Used to preview the appearance of items as they would appear on your character before buying them.
19. Merchant window now has a "Reclaim" tab. Any item you destroy during a single session of EQ (Unsure if it resets when you log) is shown in this tab and can be purchased at the cost of "Reclamation Tokens"
20. New "Zone Guide" window. Brings up a listing of all static zones in game and sorted by name, continent, and recommended level. Selecting a zone also displays all connected zones. At the bottom you can create a "Zone Path" by selecting a Start zone and Destination zone as well as a few other variables. This will then create a Find path (Same path that has been used for NPC Find forever) from where you're standing to the zone line and will attempt to guide you to your destination zone. This functionality has also been tied into the Map window, which itself has received a tiny revamp.
21. In-Game "Polls" window. Shows community polls and the results of said polls.
22. Alert History Window. Displays history of alerts your character has received. Examples being the window with keyboard commands that pops up when you first log a character into the tutorial, or the window that pops up for Free/Silver members reminding them to "Go Gold".
23. Death has been changed. You still receive the same xp hits, still have the rez window etc and still appear at bind. However you appear with all gear still on you and all spells still scribed. Bodies seem to spawn naked and only exist for rezes now. (This is the only new feature that actually bothered me. If this goes in should probably add a rule variable to the database to let server ops turn it on/off at whim.)

I'll add more as I find them.

Oh also a quick note. When House of Thule dropped they revamped Guild Lobby to allow access to the Neighborhood zones for player housing. It seems on EQEmu using the 'new' Guild Lobby causes doors and objects in zone to be misplaced and often hidden or unreachable. Though NPCs still spawn in the same spot. This may break Guild Lobby use for VoA clients unless the server completely reverts to this client or two versions of the zone are made. Kinda like how Highpass works now.

-Danyelle