View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 02:51 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuahara View Post
ok, so I have finally solved this and am posting a follow up in case others run into this. I wound up forwarding the list of ports listed on one of the wiki pages to the internal IP of my Windows Server 2012 R2 VM and now I can get into the world.

For reference, I forward the following ports to my server:
7000-7500

This actually perplexes me a bit because network traffic from my client was originating from 192.168.0.31 and the destination server was at 192.168.0.153 so there is absolutely no reason that I can see (and I'm a cisco certified network nerd) that the traffic should be touching the outside interface and the forward should never get used. In fact, none of the private IP ranges, including my 192.168.0.0/24 network are allowed to be routed out onto the internet, so I don't see how it's possible.

I use a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580
I've been in the Cisco world for 8 or so years myself.

One of the things with this is that what the loginserver sees is your outside address, which is what the loginserver will default to tell the client to use to login to the server.

You can set your local address to avoid this

Code:
<localaddress></localaddress>
This will keep traffic from going out/in - but if it works, it works and in the end does it really matter

HTH