View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 03:45 PM
kuahara
Sarnak

Does it matter where in the eqeqmu_config.xml file that <localaddress> tag goes?

Also, do you know of any reason my spells or dbstr files might not be correct? I referred to your response in another thread where you told someone to run

export_client_files .\exports

to acquire those files. I've done this and it spits out the 4 files I'm expecting. When I drop these in my eq folder, the behavior I observed was what I might expect if the spells file was wrong. When I right click a gem in game, the spell categories all read "unknown DB string xxx" and so did all the subcategories. If I follow the menu path down to the spell itself, the spell names were fine. Just the categories leading to them all say that. Issuing a /who command in game returns good information for all but the player races. Races still come up "unknown DB string xxx".

Yesterday, that was all fine and good. It didn't stop me from playing the game, but today I'm just experiencing one crash after another. I can get my GM character into the world, but after a minute or so, it crashes. When I pick items up from my inventory or from the equipment slots on the character, they never appear on the cursor. The game partially behaves as if the item is there, but never does what it is supposed to do when I try to re-equip it, drop it into an inventory slot, etc... and then I crash a second later. If I try to use #zone, I crash. Yesterday, I did not have these problems.

Am having all the trouble in the world resolving this today. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: restarting the server partially resolved this. I'm not crashing anymore and I can pick up items. Still can't figure out the unknown DB string non-sense, though.

Edit2: The crash and cursor issues seem to be specific only to MQ2 + GM Characters. If I start MQ2 and log in using a GM, I can't pick up items anymore. The items disappear. /gate #zone, etc... will crash the GM. Also using F1 to target self with the GM character logged in will crash the GM toon if MQ2 is running. I can log a regular toon in while MQ2 is running and pick up items, /gate, /zone, etc... just fine.

Edit3: Ok... so what I've determined with the GM account is this: If MQ had been running at any time on the client PC, even if I turn it back off before I log in a GM account, all of the problems with picking up items, targeting self, and crashing recur. Even with MQ turned off, if I log in a GM account and hit F1 to target self, I can cause an immediate crash. This issue does not go away until I restart the server (t_stop_server, not actually rebooting the VM my server runs in). Once I restart the server, if I leave MQ turned off, I can log in a GM, target self, pick up items, etc... This is not too big of a deal. I just need to remain aware that there are certain things the GM simply can't do. I can still utilize him for all my GM needs #leveling toons, #gi , etc... MQ2 and regular players all seem to work as intended.

Out of all this, I'm still most interested in trying to resolve the unknown DB string business. Forgot to mention that when I click the Alt Advancement button, I can't see what AAs I'm purchasing either. Those all say "Unknown DB string xxx" as well.