View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 05:06 PM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

I gotta ask, even though I'll probably regret the answer... Why would you name your server "Planes of Power" and then disable PoK which was the very centerpiece of that expansion? Sure, I'm ready for the classic cries of "omg pok ports ruined EQ," which they didn't unless you were a greedy druid or wizard, lol.

I guess if you want to go to all the trouble of moving everything around just so that so that people can't travel properly that's your prerogative. However, I can't see the real point of doing something that requires a lot of work arounds and practically guarantees a small-to-zero population. Remember, PoK isn't just about travel, it's also integral to the expansion and provides the first real hub the game had.

I would suggest enabling PoK and properly implementing it. If Johnny Jigglebelly wants to walk everywhere, he still can. But he probably won't if he can click his way there, he'll just bitch about the fact that he can... There's still plenty of walking for those who really dig pushing the "forward" button on their keyboard even with PoK.