View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 01:42 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

I started playing about a year or so after launch (maybe less; I remember when rogues couldn't evade or be invisible to undead and other things at the same time - and when a level one could walk through L. Guk in perfect safety because absolutely everything was camped. And when Treants in S. Karana was a big xp deal).

But I never saw a time when EC wasn't the trading place of Norrath.

It surprised me to find out on the boards that it was GFay on some servers, and even N. Freeport on a few.

Never could figure out how N. Freeport worked in there. I guess the bank was closer than EC, but evils still had the banking problem, and EC was a pretty decent location being close to Nektulos, Freeport, and close relatively speaking to Oggok and Grobb (and you could travel to Faydwer pretty easily).

That said I'm not really grokking how not having PoK works on the server in question. The xp is nice, makes a different kind of thing, like seeing how well you can do on a straight server by being able to get all the AA you ever wanted (quickly enough for it not to be a drag).

But the world is pretty big by the time we have Kunark, Velious, Luclin, and the Planes in.

Interesting though. But I guess you can forget about ever grouping with anyone else unless you make a real special effort to be in the same place.

Also couldn't figure out if boxing was allowed, or Macroquest. I don't like boxing or warping, but Homey ain't got no more time to waste on outdoor spawns, so the MQ map is something I really go for now

Still an interesting idea.