View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 02:42 AM
Freejack
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepaw View Post
There was no mention of one server doing this, I interpretted it as a blanket statement tho so that could be on me. Anyhow, being fairly confident in sql and understanding the logistics that would be required to import a character its not as simple as hit a button and bam your character is on a new server. items exist on some servers that dont on others and that right there would cause inventory issues at least not to mention the previous issues and probably more. On that note I am very curious what server would import characters from other servers? Been here quite a while and other than maybe an xfer p99 from red to blue (which I dont believe they do) I dont think it would be feasible to xfer from server to server on a regular basis with the current infrastructure. On that note classless/chainbreaker has a great method of blocking mq2 and Im not entirely sure how they did it. People would have to redesign mq2 for the classless client to use mq2 on chainbreaker which they probably wont bother to do.
Not against MQ2 use as long as it is within the rules and the version. Would be nice to be able to block everything not the approved version. My server offers bots and mercs so I don't get why the need to cheat. I can also shutdown the use of mq2 by changing the server rules. Would be nice to have a few more tools to make this a more equal playing field.