View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 12:33 AM
knowom
Discordant

A bunch of new updated screenshots. I think I have the zone basically done at least other than the lava and water and tweaking the environmental clutter on wall textures like signs none of which is all that vital or important frankly. The size of the .s3d file is enormous compared to the default file 2.55MB to 138MB and that's without redoing the water or lava textures which probably would have bumped the size up to about 175-200MB range. The textures are all 2048x2048 however and could defiantly be dialed back to a more conservatively texture size resolution of 1024x1024, 768x768, or even 640x640 and they'd still be bigger than Luclin's 512x512.

It seemed like a few textures within the .s3d weren't used at all. I'm guessing developers had them in a texture folder for the zone when working on them and forgot to delete some when they compressed together the .s3d file, but that's just my best guess.

Here's new screenshots you'll notice a lot are pointing at walls that's where signs and other environmental details would have gone normally like skulls, signs, armor, and weapons hanging on walls. Anyways this is the overall looks of how I finalized things for the zone.