View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 PM
OrisonSeven
Sarnak

Hey Tabidzukare,
The idea of merging projects would be pretty cool using the torque engine. As of right now we are still developing alot of content. Using the eq engine with a working server allows us to get a feel for the run of the terrain. I have yet to get in touch with him yet, but, if he is looking at these posts and messages, by all means chime in and leave some imput Sak.

As for content, quests, lore and such, we would love the extra help once we get a little more developed. We are still in the process our selves of developing the plot and actual feel of what we want. As we get more out there, we would be more then happy to have you join us.

After Ferringor, I believe we will be creating an open planes/desert zone, as well as a large number of others already stated for creation. Personally, I have about 5 notebooks as of now that have sketches, notes, and other content based ideas that still need to be both created/textured as well as fine tuned to the eventual goal of a brand new world to explore.

We also plan to have a whole new array of weapon models that will be replacing the old ones. We plan to have both the weapon and the image of the weapon match (not hard at all) but also have the name correspond to the look and feel. For instance, rusty weapons, though basically junk, look like most other basic weapons. We currently have a new set of rusty specific textures and some models that will make rusty weapons... well... rusty. This is both a small and huge undertaking as it means increasing the overall number of possible item models drastically.

The crafting system also needs some revamping as it really lacks in comparison to that of other games as well as to what it "could" be. One of our ideas is to actually make it so that you can create a weapon to look how u want based around hilt blade and so on. By this I mean that we would create a large number of blades, hilts, etc. that when placed within the forge with the proper skill and the right ingrediants could make whatever look you want. This would also increase the range of looks for weapons as well meaning we would have to precreate all the combinations and load them in, which if u think about it, having 5 blades and 6 hilts alone means 30 weapon types and if that is just longswords, imagine now adding shortswords, hammers, 2handed swords, axes, 2 handed axes, staffs, and clubs to start. That would mean 30 x 8 = 240 weapon models for simply crafted weapons. This is where the numbers begin to get crazy. We have ideas that go far beyond this to include weapon types that are custom to mobs around the world as well.

On another note, armor, which we had though would only be a single choice has been taken into consideration in terms of a new idea on how to make many variants. If we could have multiple textures for a single armor type, say plate, which i believe is possible, then we could simply "stack" meshes ontop of one another and simply give all the meshes we didnt want showing an alpha making them invisable so that they would appear not there when infact there would be like 4 meshes interwoven. This then makes it possible to have different armor feels too. (This part is pretty far out there as we are still trying to see is this is possible, tho i know for a fact that having seperate meshes isnt possible as the engine limits the total to i believe 4 (cloth, leather, chain, and plate) with the exception of monk races with have an additional 1 for the monks.

So, as you can see we do have alot on our proverbial plate right now!!!! which is always fun as once we get a "portion" meaning something beyond just ideas, that it should be much easier to see what we are heading towards.

-A goal is in mind. but the view is still clouded-