View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 04:35 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMetal View Post
My concern about your scenario is that, if you give someone a magic weapon, they can hit. So, why not just carry around a magical weapon (or summon one) for your pet?

There is already a rule, Combat:PetAttackMagicLevel(30), that gives pets magical attacks at level 30 by default. You could always increase that to something like 100, and they shouldn't get it unless the pet is level 100+. Then, you could figure out a way to get a magical weapon for that particular pet (player quests, modify spells_us.txt to summon an item, etc).
well that depends on how your server set up. on my server I plan to have magic weapons to be ULTRA RARE and non summonable. it would be a major waste to give them to pets.

Another thing - even with given weaposn you won't be able to achive a condition where one pet can always hit magic while other can never hit magic - since weapon can be given to both pets just as easily breaking the system I am intent to set up

also this does not adress problem with NPCs: if I want to specificly make npcs who will or will not be able to hit magic - specialy if for exmaple some of player pets are set to be immune to non-magic weapons

So even if pets can be wroked around with current system, there is no way to enforce or prevent NPCs from having magic weapons by choice