View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Charles082986
Sarnak

Phorest,

The biggest issue I've seen with making tradeskills amazingly useful is that once you get tradeskills up, it becomes incredibly easy to flood the market with high end goods.
However if you restrict materials to try and curb this, you see situations like you see on p1999, where things (like epic quests) are permanently camped and the only way to get what you need is to buy it, completely undermining the purpose in the first place.

Huppy,
I saw that a lot in other MMOs as well. I've been in guilds where we were pushing for realm first on raids in WoW, and it was a god awful nightmare. In WoW's MoP expansion, there were guildies who had 3 accounts and 33 farms that they spent hours a day maintaining just to have a full run of raid mats and make enough extra that they could buy up other guilds' raid disenchant mats. It was obscene. I have a family and a job. I would much rather spend 2-3 hours killing some goblins or hunting down some pieces to a new anklet (just did that HFL DRU anklet quest on P1999) than poopsock my way to max level.