Thread: CoH PVP?...
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 07:47 AM
kedra
Sarnak

I'm throwing some ideas around. I might as well use this thread to poll interest, actually.

I'd like to set up a new server with fast-paced, high-stakes PVP. This will be 100% not related to the original COHPVP.

Here are some of the ideas:
  • Max Level: 50
  • Leveling is extremely fast (~1hr to 50)
  • Completely unrestricted PVP
  • Players may create guilds
  • After level 10, a player killed in PVP will be reset (Lose levels, gear, spells, etc). Players under level 10 will incur no penalty. (This only applies to PVP - not PVE)
  • Loot anything off of someone you kill in PVP - whatever you want
  • Spell scribers + Skill trainers
  • Starter gear provided that players can build on by killing / questing
  • Very compact world (About 8 zones) (I'd also like to add that we are doing our best tailor the world so that the zones are all fitting for PVP - Warslik's woods, anyone? What a great zone....)
  • Equipment will go up through about Kunark armor sets / Epic 1.0 (both probably quested)
  • Loot system will be reminiscent of the original COH random loot but not exactly the same.
  • Quests will be quick but still require a little work.

This is designed to be a PVP server that will allow you to jump in and start playing fast. The level loss and equipment looting is why we're calling this 'high stakes.' We want players to have something to lose when they PVP. If you die and lose it all, you're only talking about a few hours of work. It will be a no bitching, strictly PVP server with very little GM interference. If players want to be assholes and go on newbie killing sprees, we feel that this will only add to the excitement of PVP when they get ganked later on.

PVE will be very diverse as it was on COHPVP, so leveling up shouldn't be so mind-numbing and dull. There will be group raid zones and encounters with higher level quests to allow players to advance their characters when they reach 50.

So what are your thoughts?