View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 01:35 PM
Jquik
Fire Beetle

Question Allow Classes to Cast Spells From Other Classes

[SOLVED] Edited the steps below to the correct order for anyone who comes across this

Hello all. This has been asked a few times over the years, but either was not completely answered, or I have a different issue since the solutions did not work. If possible to implement, what is the proper way to share spells between classes?

Goal:
Setting up multiclassing to allow for example a Shaman to cast all Shaman and Wizard spells.

Implementation:
1. Made the following change to the eqemu DB:
update spells_new set classes10 = classes12 where classes12<253;
2. Exported the new .txt files for the client via ./client_export_files. Verified that the new spells_us.txt shows the changed values and is in the right client directory for RoF2.
[SOLVED] Export the client .txt files using /home/eqemu/server/export_client_files and place these in the RoF2Client/ base directory, NOT the RoF2Client/Resources directory.
3. Restarted the server
4. Created a Shaman character using same RoF2 client
5. #scribespells 1 - both Shaman and Wizard level 1 spells are successfully scribed to the Shaman character as expected.

Problem:
When attempting to mem a scribed wizard spell from spell book to spell gem, it states that "You are not high enough level to memorize that spell."
Using #memspell successfully memorizes the spell but upon clicking it, states "You are not high enough level to cast that spell."

Alternate solutions:
I've tried GeorgeS spell editor, editing the Spell Scroll to allow the class, setting all spells to level 1 for all classes. and #level 85 to cast a level 1 spell. Tried using the Titanium client with the new exported client .txt files.

I've noticed the spell scrolls state level 255 for each spell I alter, however I would assume this shouldn't matter if I'm bypassing the scribing/memming by using GM commands.

I'm hoping someone has a solution or other ideas to try!