View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Default Fixed?

I ran into this issue/error trying to start the client, not the server; so your mileage may vary. This error code may be generic for a slew of .dll issues but I'm not totally sure.

I know this is a bit of an older thread but perhaps if anyone else lands up here with this problem this might be your manual solution...I suddenly ran into this issue today. I fixed it by dumb luck and I have no idea how it even got broken.

If you're running a 64 bit OS (Windows 10 for me) you should have a folder in your main Windows folder called SysWOW64. Go online and download the 'd3dx9_30.dll' file. it's free off of the dll-files site. Make sure you grab the 32 bit version and NOT the 64 bit version. I know, right? Makes no sense. Drop that file in the SysWOW64 folder and your problem should go away for the client issue. I actually tried using the 64 bit .dll and still had the same problem. I have no idea what compelled me to try the 32 bit version especially in a 64 bit named folder.

If you are not running Windows 10 without that folder, try dumping the .dll in your 'system32' folder. Just an idea but I can't confirm that this method works.

If you can't see some of these folders; you may have to goto your system folder options and check the 'unhide' option. Good luck.