Thread: Collection Help
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
trevius
Developer

That is some excellent news, Andrew80k! I imagine spawns may be a bit of a pain due to them using variable sized structs now, but at least we have the new struct info they use in the SoD patch files.

If you can get the tools on the SVN, and if others can get them compiled and running as well, maybe we can all pitch in to get them working with Live. It will probably take some minor maintenance every patch or so to fix opcodes here and there and probably some structs from time to time, but nothing major as long as it is kept up with when needed.

As for getting the correct opcodes, that is really easy. For collectors, we really only need a very few opcodes to be correct anyway, so they are easy to maintain. If you have a gmail account, I have something I can share with you that might be useful for ya. Send me a PM with the gmail address and I will shoot the info over to you.

Doors alone are quite an awesome thing to have working from the collectors, as they are a major pain to do manually, and are never perfectly right when done manually. Spawns, and objects will be great to have as well. Pathing would be nice at some point, but it is quite a pain to collect from what I hear, and can always be added manually if needed. For outdoor zones, we can probably just use the RandomRoam quest plugin for NPCs that just roam in outdoor open areas, which will save a lot of content building time.

Thanks for working on this BTW. It sounds like you are making some nice progress