Thread: Zone crashing
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 08:02 PM
John C
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Did you recently enable mercs?
Yes, but I disabled them prior to this build. There has actually been a lot of activity the last few days.

3-4 days ago, I enabled mercs to discover they weren't really working.

Later that day, I disabled them and installed bots instead (which I discovered are really well done). I recompiled and ran all the scripts to create the DB and enable them.

The next day, I loaded djeryv's Updated Solo Server pack. Everything worked fine and it ran completely stable with all of that.

Yesterday I then downloaded the latest code. I replicated custom edits I use (I add goodEffect to the CalcBuffDuration_formula routine and make beneficial buffs last longer since I am lazy - those calls are scattered across a few different source files) and successfully compiled. I copied those new files and restarted and everything started properly, but I began having the crashing errors shortly thereafter. Mercs were disabled and no bots were in use.

I always keep the previous set of binaries, so I copied them back in and the crashing stopped.

Trying to be thorough. Please let me know if there is anything else I can tell you. Thanks.