Thread: Rise of Norrath
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 09:25 PM
adamle00
Sarnak

So I have played here for a few days and while there are some nice features like auto scribe and skill ups and such, it looks like the AA grind will be soul crushing and has chased me away from the server. And I also understand the server is in "alpha" so perhaps one can revisit it later after some balancing.

In order to access the tier 1 armor farming zone, you need to buy a key off a merchant for 1k aa's to get the flag, tier 2 is 2k aa and so on up till the tier 10 key which is 10k aa. Now for 1 character to access tiers 1 to 10 requires 55000 aa's, if your boxing add another 55k for each box.

Now there are aa tokens that drop in the tier zones and so I did some grinding in BoT and was able to bang out 1000 aa's worth of tokens in an hour with 6 characters and 2 players. So while that may seem impressive, it means I need to grind BoT for 55 hours per character to get all the aa's I need for access keys. This doesn't of course count the armor tokens that need to be farmed in each zone for the armor (which ramps up from 5 tokens per piece for t1 to 50 tokens per piece for t10). Mobs in the first 3 tier zone only dropped 1 token each and not everytime.

So kingly can feel free to correct me if I am wrong on something but I just felt I would throw this out there so people know what they are getting into heh heh