View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 06:25 PM
Tom Cross
Fire Beetle

I apologize for mentioning the plans for a discord channel before, but decided to wait until closer to launch, so I have no distractions from priority tasks right now.
After 8 long months on a bumpy road and some unexpected issues resolved, we can finally confirm a definate launch for July 4th. I had a friend casually helping out with collecting data resources which was a blessing for the project.
The effort put into this server was never intended to be 100% Luclin accurate. Just close to home with the use of a modern client. But here's a brief summary of the road map that got us here.
  • Server was built around the RoF2 client, crafted to remain locked at Luclin era.
  • Rulesets are made legit with single box, per IP account and no use of MQ.
  • Character creations and starting items are tuned for the era.(No Gloomingdeep)
  • Where possible, older zone versions in place, including bazaar, lavastorm, etc.
  • Highpasshold is being used, but the NPC's have been taken back to Highpass era.
  • All zone points and most doors have been edited and tested for functionality.
  • Objective content past the Luclin era, including zones and PoK books, is wiped.
  • Over 90,000 (out of era) items and 50,000 NPC's removed from the database.
  • Some NPC spawns, timers or loot may not be era-expected, but awareness is ongoing.
  • Pathing and aggro issues have had a lot of focus put into them.(not perfect yet)
  • We're not going to bother tackling the broken boats. The dock gnomes will suffice.
  • With 1000's of quest scripts being audited, this is a work, still in progress.
  • Era dialog in the scripts is not as much of a priority as ensuring they work.
  • There will never be any scribers for spells, skills or AA vendors, etc.
  • Other than two custom NPC's in the Nexus, there will be no modern QoL for Luclin.
  • One NPC is for corpse summoning, and the other for SoW and one minor skin buff.(No Temp).
  • After launch, one of two GM's will be active 70% of the time to deal with issues.
There is many Emu servers that go beyond the Luclin expansion, there is no reason for this one to follow. This is the reason I chose to delete everything irrelevant from the database completely, instead of just disabling it. Everything in place for this server is written in stone. Non-negotiable, without compromise. Server is not intended just for leveling experience. There is much more to the game than that.
With all due respect, I need to point out, EQ Luclin was not being built around the personal lives of the player community. The QoL you need, (or want) is at home, not on this server. If there is little interest in this server, then we live with it, but I started it all with only one main focus. Luclin, or bust!