View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Lalolyen
Banned

Matt, just for clairification, crypto is the use really of two keys or a cypher (meaning the use of varable keys). to encrypt/encode something, what the program is using really is a simple encoding process.

About SoE, don't worry about them, or leave them to me. You shouldn't have any issues with SoE while I'm around not unless the LS program has ummm... commideered code from SoE which it didn't appear to have.

Matt I understand the person whom coded it didn't want the source handed out, I know why, dispite what a prior dev had to say, that or either the person was really selfish for some reason, but I tend to believe the other side of it.

Also, if you open source everything we have here, stick the GNU licensing on it (upgrade to version 3 as soon as it comes out btw!!!) you WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT have any issues with SoE. If they did try and cause problem, you can count on the attournies of the Free Software Foundation (GNU) to help out, as they hate proprietary corporations whom horde code and try and extinguish those whome compete and create simular code (not to mention their new license addresses code patenents thanks to Microshit).