View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 07:45 PM
Oppressive
Fire Beetle

Yes, I've had the same emails since I was around age 12, and I'm 28 now. I use a combo over 4 different passwords with different capital letters and punctuation. I've gone through all of those which leads me to believe I may have used a different password (I changed info on mostly everything before I deployed) As far as phone - I was previously with Alltel, but Verizon bought out Alltel and I was forced to switch - but my number remained the same. Ive seen atleast 15-20 different Verizon customers who have experienced issues with this specific SMS retrieval system. While I can see the text pending on "MyVerizon" it doesn't actually get sent to my phone. I've called the company to try to resolve this and they've said it's not a problem on their end, it's a problem on this end. They also cannot show me the contents of the text due to privacy laws. It's just a really crappy situation which in my opinion could all be avoided if they just went with a double email confirmation or like EQLive does with having to send in proof of picture ID or something of the sort since original emails cannot be changed.

I'm sure this system wasn't really coded by the people at EQEmu or P1999, maybe used from a different source, but something in the code is clearly wrong, or incomplete.

Like I said, maybe if we get enough people who have issues with this to comment with their issue, hopefully we can convince devs to either let us change the number or do away with it entirely. Seems to have caused more bad than good. What was meant to keep scammers at bay has ended up keeping owners out of their own accounts :/

Sort of a last ditch effort, ya know? I do appreciate your input though and I hope you have an awesome day