View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 04:53 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

To slightly digress, I backup my server every time I shut it down. I run a local VM and play single player so I only fire up the VM Linux server when I want to play and then my shutdown routine backs up the database first. So you should always make constant backups of your database.

Now, onto your question. Yes! Backup your stuff first because my queries will change things in your existing tables so you only want to run this entire package once. After you back it up, IMPORT my queries and then fire up your server. Then if you see a witch outside of the town you are in, then it loaded fine. To be more precise, see if they offer quests because that means the database was truly loaded.

Now, the queries that create the extra tables can be ran more than once because the query drops the current one and recreates them. So if you add vendors and items, you can rerun the query and get an updated list of sale items. This normally isn't an issue because most people run a server straight out of the box...meaning they aren't adding things to it because it is quite difficult and the "out of the box" setup has everything you need to play. People generally want their servers to be unique so they add custom content and such. Casual server admins don't really do this.

Now, my queries add extra vendors in the Bazaar...so you could argue that I add custom stuff. But I was quite thorough of combing the database for items before putting them on Bazaar merchants of having them be Witch rewards. It was alot of work. Trust me. I tried to avoid touching items that you can get by killing monsters, as I think those should remain exactly that...items you get from monsters.