View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 04:58 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by /dev/pie View Post
Hello so im new to this whole server thing. I was browsing the forums when I came upon this thread. The sound of a solo friendly server just seems awesome. However I am unsure about where to start.

Atm I am able to install, setup basic settings and play on my server. But that is the limit of my knowledge. Would you be able to guide me threw that process of getting this to work? If not I fully understand. If you can id be willing to use discord to make it easier.

Thanks
Sorry, I got too much of my own stuff to work on, I just don't have the time needed, as you will need to learn all about working with databases, structured query language, etc. In a nutshell, you need to create a new database in your mysql, then source in the database included with the download I posted. Then your server config files will need to be edited to point at the new database. (eqemu_config.json and login.json)

The wiki docs - https://docs.eqemu.io/ are a big help when starting out, if one reads right through them. They are not perfect, but it helps.