View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 10:41 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Arrow New Server - Retribution (RetributionEQ.com)

Good evening everyone!

Retribution will be launching this Friday, November 11th at 6PM EST.

This server begins in classic, where hundreds of hours have been poured into recreating many original zones/fixing the bugs that plagued them (thank you, Gangsta!).

The EXP rates are similar to live and enemy difficulty has been untouched (aside from removing DT/Banish effects, because we're adults and don't have time to find rangers to sacrifice).
Players can progress through Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, and Planes of Power through an account based progression system.
By defeating certain raid encounters or finding certain combinations of rare items in each expansion, players can unlock further expansions for their account through their own adventures.

Retribution is about remembering and reliving the excitement and dopamine hits we got when we finally got that one named to spawn- and found that one rare item we had been grinding for.

What makes this experience unique, is that we have added tens of thousands of items- new versions of your favorite gear, that drop from the same camps you loved (or loved to hate).

Like our memories, this gear can be Rose Colored or even Apocryphal in nature- with increased stats based on the original gear.
Think of the original version as Tier 1, Rose Colored as Tier 2, and Apocryphal as Tier 3. Almost every camp can drop an upgrade if you're lucky or persistent enough.

Here are some other notable features:
  • All players start with 2-3 class defining AA unlocked that allow them to immediately fill the group role they were meant to fill.
  • All players start with the ability to origin to the original bazaar which will be used as a trading hub that includes a working arena, bankers, merchants, and one translocator to each continent.
  • All players start with a new item that brings them to the bazaar and introduces them to the new Apocryphal gear.
  • All wearable items have had their required and recommended levels removed.
  • All items are tradable, other than the strongest Apocryphal versions.
  • AoC’s (instanced raid content) exist for every raid zone with a low 22hr lockout.
  • Enemy spawn rate increased.
  • Three Box + 1 Bazaar Mule Limit per person.
  • OOC and AUC chat feed our Discord server, allowing for players to chat with their in game friends while offline.
  • Level caps match retail OTHER THAN classic being capped at 51 instead of 50 so you can grind AA while farming gear.
  • All AA through Buried Sea are live and attainable beginning at level 51.

We had the server up for three weeks for FnF testing where six people were invited. In that time we accumulated 37 players that are almost as excited as I am for launch.

Another important thing to note, is that this server is fast, stable, and is already prepaid for a full year. Donations are set up to feed the account that pays for the server and my intent is that this server becomes my long term EQ home.

I share all this to preface my open invitation to all of you to come and enjoy what we've created!

P.S.

Darksinga, I know you will be reading this shortly after I post, and I want you to know how deeply appreciative I am of you and your willingness to spearhead this project and help an old Norrathian's dream come to fruition. I couldn't be happier.

For all you heroes that helped test this server (especially you fiends that literally unlocked Kunark in that time) thank you for all your time! I can't wait to slay dragons with you!

Last edited by Aeventh; 11-08-2022 at 09:12 AM.. Reason: Added missing information.