View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 11:53 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Lightbulb Fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
This server has sweatiness like I did not expect on EQEmu. I'm sick of it.
Hey Eastwood!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with me. I appreciate the months you've been here and the positive force you've been in the community.

I'd like to take this as an opportunity to publicly remind everyone that this is a personal progression server and the journey is what you make of it.

Everyone starts here with their own expectations and hopes for what kind of experience they will have. Over time those expectations change. Not just of the game, but of themselves.

We are all adults now, and this experience is bringing the sweaty out in a lot of people. The reality is, though, that most of us cannot afford the time to be as sweaty as we want to be, as often as we want to be. This is EQEmu after all... if you are here, a part of you wants to get absolutely lost in this game- and that's OK!

The issue I see, is that this many people, having fun, playing EQ, reliving old memories, making new ones- exacerbates latent desires to compete for unattainable goals in ways that are no longer healthy BUT for no other reason than a love for the game.

I think it's absolutely amazing that so many people are enjoying themselves here and allowing themselves to get a little sweaty. Do I think some people are going a little too hard? Maybe.

BUT all of our situations are different! For anyone reading this, just remember that someone else's successes in no way diminish your own!

Have fun adventurers! If you don't want to leave classic until you down every single raid boss with just you and your homeboy that can only play twice a week- don't! If you want to get in on a public raid and two day your way into Kunark- do it!

This is your experience. I'm just an NPC in your life trying to facilitate some fun <3