Thread: Casual Dreams
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 10:07 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Need more information. From the description of your server:

"Solo everything! Solo all the way to Quarm!
Solo, but not easy. Improve your gear, resists, and skills to survive."

- Okay what does this mean exactly? Have you cut mob hp's down? Toned down their max hit? I saw someone stating on your board that a single character in general should be able to do live group content.

So how are you implementing this? And what about the raid mobs you start to see in Velious with over half a million hp's?

"Melee, Caster, and pet friendly!"

- General statement? Or have you done some adjustments to pets and whatnot?

"2-Box limit. Logging in a third client disconnects all three."

- Okay it seems to me from your forums most people solo with a single character. But you can use two boxing? What is the rule here?

"Classic items, nothing strange (some items modified to enable solo play)."

- Again, what does this mean?

"Some unwanted augments can be sold to LDoN merchants in the Bazaar to buy useful gear."

- Okay from the boards you don't have LDoN enabled, but do have the adventure merchant vendors in the bazaar. So you can get LDoN gear (some of that is really cool, particularly for the era).

But does that mean you effectively have another currency? Auggies or something? Augs are a world drop on your server. Do I spend plat to buy LDoN stuff, or have to trade in augments till I get enough "Auggies" to buy a Diamond Prism of Companionship or something?

"Spells and Tomes can be bought in PoK."

- I made a char and took a gander at your server. I see a lot of spells on the PoK vendors from expansions like Dragons of Norrath. Exactly what era is your server for spells?

I really like it if i understand things correctly. Particularly the Ward spells for Clerics.

And in addition, what exactly is the server policy on MQ? Personally I use it for 2 things:

1) If you are boxing the EMU /follow doesn't work. The MQ one (/stick?) does. I hate having to turn around every 10 seconds to see what my other char is hung up on in Emerald Jungle or Trakanon's Teeth.

2) At this point in my life I will camp. At this point in my life I have absolutely no interest in having Quillmane, Stormfeather, Froglok Foragers, Froglok Hunters, or any mobs like them consuming seconds of my life randomly killing stuff and running around a zone.

Or trying to find the magic mob to kill on an EMU to spawn what I am actually looking for.

So can you use MQ for stuff like this? Oh and I absolutely hate having to find Faydedar in Timorous Deep without it.