Thread: lag problems
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarian View Post
Let me know if this fix worked for you in any areas

I added the source code from Akkadius' link above to Varlyndria early this morning, and then did a stress test with the server that didn't go so well. I even tried the pull method of the latest unstable source in the folder. The stress test in Nexus started bugging out with 18+ players when the spike came back. It does appear to be better than it was before, but not what I was expecting. Varlyndria is currently on a AWS Large T3 windows system. It has held over 118 clients online + pets just fine as long as they are in different zones/instances of the high-traffic hubs and under 11 in total. (on average). Now it seems like 16-18 or so, but the lag does come back full force and spikes the zone out badly -- eventually crashing it, or forcing me to shut it down.

I've heard from a source on my discord that Linux using developers are having more luck with it. I've been running windows since I started with EQemu and I've never seen an issue like this before, aside from not having enough connection speed to handle the player population.

At this point, I am hesitant/undecided to see if a stronger connection than T3 Large would produce better results with the change.

Any professional advice that can be given on the situation would be helpful.