Thread: Zone Instancing
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Another use for instancing would be for zones that are designed for a max number of 1 to 6 players or so. If a raid would trivialize the content, then you might use this type of limiting. With instancing, you could potentially still allow others to play in that zone without having to wait in line for the people currently in there to leave.
This is the feature that I'm interested in for instancing. Scripted content, coupled with the task system is very interesting to me, along with limiting the number of people so the content remains difficult. Being able to adjust the content on the fly for levels would be really cool too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Oh, and I quit live around that same era. Though, my reason for quiting was due to almost all of the best guildies I had played with for years were gone. Also, I didn't like the fact that I had to work my ass off for like 10 hours every day for maybe 2 or 3 pieces of loot per month. Progression that slow is just ridiculous. And just when you start to get caught up to where you feel uber again, they release another expansion and make all of your hard earned gear obsolete.
This has always been my complaint with EQ. Casual players just can't keep up.