View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 05:40 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Hi Akka and Uleat.

I'm sure I'm probably doing something goofy but I'm having problems with the eqemu_server.pl -

I suspected I was screwing things up by doing it all on my own ground up.. so took eqemu_server.pl and ran new server to let it do everything.
I gave it my database username and password and such.. and let it rip

I immediately noticed "the system cannot find the path specified" messages. And eventually the system just goes into a loop trying to find sql updates..

I went back to the folder I was working on originally and decided to see if my bots were up to speed..

I ran check_bot_db_updates
I get a message telling me my executables are not compiled for bots(they definately are) - this could be a legacy notification?

But then it fails to load any bots updates.

So.. onward..

my client was booting back to character creation.. checking my executables zone was not loading.. running zone.exe gave me a clue.. "uknown columns" etc. etc..

I went in and manually sourced in all the "required bot" sql lines. Then zone would load.

I was getting zone not available now..

I ran zone.exe rivervale and got an error about spawn points (unknown column) so I sourced in the last two general SQL statements from 2020..
that seemed to work and I can connect, and actually got into the tutorial.

I didnt poke around much more from there as I'm pretty sure my exe's and my DB are still not quite in sync.
But I'm more worried I'm not running eqemu_server.pl right. it's such a useful tool and I must be screwing something up.. but when it's not running the new_server process, well it's hard to break that on my end..

Thoughts?

I did a perl debugg with step through, but I'm not a programmer, but I get 2 "the system cannot find the path specfied" after the message "No script Update necessary... message

I get 4 of that same message after the db_version check happens.. Maybe the perl script cannot find mysql commands thus failing updates?

Thanks
Lax