View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 01:17 AM
fourier
Sarnak

Default Quest scripts (lua,pl) no longer being interpreted

I feel kind of silly that I haven't tracked down the cause of this issue yet, but for some reason my quest scripts no longer seem to have their logic interpreted via embperl or lua supporting classes. I am fairly familiar with the eqemu code base but the quest parser stuff is not something I've had a chance to dig into much.

I'm using the Latest (or recent) eqemu code base w/Quests from peqtgc github repo. Config of the eqemu env. consisted of all standard common steps + use of the "defaults" folder files to get things started.

I enabled and added a bunch of logging (LogSys categories including Quest related categories) and it looks like the proper quest script files are being read successfully upon Zone-In. But no crash logs or crash behavior occurs. My tests are simple - generally just a 'Hail' to a NPC. I also have GM status disabled in case that might have been an issue.

Any tips for the following would be greatly appreciated:

1) What may be some of the most useful class/methods [in embparser, lua* and perl* eqemu classes] to insert diagnostic logging into? Would like to see the interpreter code in eqemu parse line by line detail success/failure/etc, rather than adding lots of logging to each quest script file
2) NPCs not responding to Hails even though they clearly should based on script logic - anyone seen this before?

Thanks
fourier