View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstaid View Post
When using that newest repack, Do I need to download and install Perl or MySql?
Nope infact installing mysql will break the repack, you do not need perl installed either. Just like you read, you will only need the maps and your set.
Quote:
From all the reading that I have done over the past couple of days, I am under the assumption that I just need your Repack and some maps to run the game locally on my lan?
Correct!

Quote:
Also, the difference between the AX classic and the PEQ is that the AX one is old school EQ right? With the boats and old mobs/zones? I would then believe that PEQ is a newer version?
AXClassic Db is focused mostly on old world zones but many others also, and PEQ tries to stay as live like as possible. Both DB's have a ton of hard work put into them, Cant give them all enough thanks for this.

After you uninstall everything, then reinstall just the repack. I want you to click the start mysql button, if you get an error at this point please make a note of it. If no error then go to my computer and look for drive W, if you see it that's good. Just try and go through steps I have detailed in the link you posted, and when an error occurs please note the error and what part of the process you are at. We will see if we can get this going for ya.