View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 12:24 PM
dungeonjustin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Bumping a thread is not likely to get you assistance with your issue. Before the last major site update to upgrade the version of PHPBB that these forums run, Moderators and Developers had the ability to access the admin portion of the forums to research IPs and such to help find associated accounts. Unfortunately, that access has been lost with the new version of PHPBB, so now only administrators (red name) have access to do what you need.

I used to help with issues like this when I had access, and could find the needed info (forum account names or registered email addresses) by searching for matching IPs. For security reasons, I normally only provided a partial username or email address, as that is normally enough for the owner to figure it out without being too much of a security risk for someone trying to hack another person's account. Again, I no longer have access to assist with this, only admins can.
Yeah I should be able to do this with even a partial name. Thanks for explaining what's going on. I guess I'll just keep going until someone helps me and hope it's in time for Velious.