View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 08:10 PM
deljr
Fire Beetle

@Akka - wow, didn't mean to strike a nerve, and why is the first line of defense always the old, "use at your own risk" fallback? When it's advertised as a great layman's tool?

I was just venting my frustration, as a non-computer type guy and your repack basically designed for such, I'd think you'd recognize frustration when you see it.

In hindsight I should not have made the "bad program" comment. My bad and I apologize. Other than that, the rest of my post was valid, just commenting on my failure to have yet another program work for me. That's all.

TBH, I wish I had some geek friends to invite over to the house to help. I know damn well I'd pick up on this stuff way faster than mucking around on my own. Since I don't, my loss I guess.

I understand many many people have had success with the repack. Unfortunately, I was not one of them. If it had been possible, I would've asked for help on the forums, but since getting on the internet wasn't an option due to Iexplorer getting borked, I stressed out and tried to delete/uninstall. That in itself brought me more headache I didn't know how to correct.

Truly, I am impressed with all you do for the community and my guess is the repack is a great tool. I'm just sorry it didn't work out for me.

Like I said, I'm sorry for the comment.

EDIT: forgot to mention, my laptop runs windows 7 and the install worked great, almost self installed, as mentioned. It's just the Iexplorer got messed up. Also, I've seen it mentioned before, but what is a virtual machine? I know my computer is real so is a virtual a make believe one? lol jk honestly, I don't know.